Competitive Admission Criteria
Admission to the Texas A&M Masters in Analytics program is highly competitive. Strong candidate must meet the following criteria and qualifications:
- Competitive undergraduate or graduate GPA or strong GRE/GMAT scores - For more information about GRE/GMAT see questions 9 and 10 in FAQs
- Completed at least one statistics course with an A or B
- At minimum 3 years of full-time work experience
- A well-written statement of purpose about how this analytics degree will help your organization
- Support from current employer for access and mentorship with a business problem and large data set
We are seeking a class of approximately 60 students for Fall 2016. We will admit qualified students on a rolling basis until seats are filled. We encourage applicants to apply early.
Steps for Admission:
- Request the link to the pre-questionnaire.
- Submit complete pre-questionnaire packet.
- Interview (by invitation)
- Official TAMU Graduate Admission Application
- $1,000 Deposit by May 1
- Attend Orientation in Late August
What to Expect After You Apply
Within approximately three weeks after submitting required credentials, if competitive, you will be invited for a face-to-face or online interview.
An admission decision will be given within one week of your interview.
To be advised.
Non-Profit Scholarship for MS Analytics
Service is one of our core values at Texas A&M University. In that spirit, the Department of Statistics is providing one full scholarship each year for our part-time Masters in Analytics to an employee of a non-profit organization. Competitive candidates typically have three or more years of full-time work experience, an impressive academic background or GRE/GMAT score, and currently works with data on a regular basis. Candidates must currently be employed by a non-profit organization willing to provide a business problem and data-set for the program's capstone project. Simply indicate your non-profit work in your "Statement of Purpose" on the pre-questionnaire to be considered.
There are no other assistantships or scholarships available. We strongly encourage enrollees to request sponsorship from their employer for the degree. Enrollees may apply for financial aid (grants, student loans) via the FAFSA. More information at https://financialaid.tamu.edu/graduate.aspx.